Description of Ugaritic alphabet
Ugaritic texts from the 14th century BC to the destruction of the city 1180/1170 BC are testifies. Thus, Ugaritic was written in one of the oldest known alphabets. The alphabet is based on the Proto-Sinaitic (Old-Aarabic / Proto-Semitic) alphabet from the 17th century BC and was writen in cuneiform adopted from Mesopotamia.
Among other things, the app contains the following functions:
– Overview of the alphabet
– Detailed information on the letters including examples in Ugaritic, Arabic and German/English.
– A small dictionary with over 270 items.
– Quiz in various forms to practice the learned letters (e.g., Latin-Ugaritic, Ugaritic-Latin, Ugaritic-sign-name.
– Editor with different keyboards to write Ugaritic. The text can be copied and used in other applications.
– Some brief information about the language, religion, city and alphabet.
– A list of over 60 words.
– Language selection: Z.Z. German, English and Arabic
– Learning statistics can be viewed and reset.
|App name||Ugaritic alphabet|
|Platform||5.0 and up|
The number of words in the small dictionary has been increased to about 360.Dictionary can be sorted in different ways.Some improvements and functionality have been introduced.
Download Ugaritic alphabet [v1.0.2] APK for Android