Download Auto Post Thumbnail PRO v1.6.1 is a plugin to generate Featured Image (AKA Post Thumbnail) from first image in a post or any custom post type content. Auto Post Thumbnail PRO v1.6.1 will also create thumbnails from several popular Video services if it finds a Video embedded in the post.
Auto Post Thumbnail PRO v1.6.1 is a plugin to generate Featured Image (AKA Post Thumbnail) from first image in a post or any custom post type content. The plugin will also create thumbnails from several popular Video services if it finds a Video embedded in the post.
Post Thumbnails is a theme feature introduced with Version 2.9 of WordPress. It was quickly changed to Featured Images with Version 3.0. Post Thumbnail, now Featured Image, is an image that is chosen as the representative image for Posts. The display of this image is up to the theme. Most Modern themes now use featured images in a variety of ways.
This plugin DOES NOT extract thumbnails/featured image from custom field or anywhere else.
More from my site
- Extracts the first Image or Video in post content and creates the featured image
- If no image found in post content, use the first attached image as featured image
- Existing Featured Images will not be changed
- Ability to provide default featured image to use if post content doesn’t have any image
- Generate thumbnails for Custom Post Types (Selectable)
- Generate thumbnails from external images
- Generate thumbnails from imported RSS feeds
- Generate featured images for old/legacy posts via a single click
- Setting to skip auto thumbnail generation right on the Post edit page
- Setting for smallest image to be considered as featured image
- Images inserted via most shortcodes also supported. eg:
- Auto thumbnail generation for popular video sharing services – YouTube, Vimeo, Blip.tv, Justin.tv, DailyMotion and MetaCafe. Note: this plug will not work if the video code is an iframe
- Unlink Featured Images created by the plugin or all Featured Images
- Fully translatable, default.po has been provided
- Well supported with free updates
Once you have downloaded the zip file from Code Canyon extract the contents to a folder of your choice. Chances are if you are reading this you have already done that. Find the file called auto-post-thumbnail-pro.zip. This is the plugin file. You can upload this file from your WordPress Admin
- Go to Plugins > Add New
- Select Upload
- Upload the auto-featured-image.zip file
- Activate the plugin
- Go to Settings > Auto Post Thumbnail PRO
- Set the options as per your liking
Alternatively you can manually install the plugin by following the instructions given here.
The Auto in the plugin name is not just for effect, it indeed just works. There are however a few plugin options that you can set:
- Set URL of default featured image to use if post’s content doesn’t have any image, this is optional
- Set a dimension of smallest image (in post content) to be considered as featured image. This is 17px by default so that smileys etc. will be excluded
- Click on ‘Generate Thumbnails’ button to generate featured images for your published posts which don’t have any featured image already set
While adding or editing a post you can set or unset a the setting to skip automatic thumbnail generation
- Bug fixes and performance enhancements
- PHP7 compatibility